How To Upgrade Your Firmware
From Ubiquiti Wiki
Firmware Upgrade process
Author: Skyhook 27 February 2009
Contents: This guide describes the Firmware Upgrade process of AirOS.
- UBNT devices to upgrade.
- Ethernet Cable.
- A PC or Laptop always configured to access the units (es. ).
- Do not switch off, do not reboot and do not disconnect the device from the power supply during the firmware upgrade process as these actions will damage the device!
- It is highly recommended to backup the system configuration and the Support Info file before uploading the new configuration.
- If Upgrade procedure fail, don't worry, you can try Factory Firmware Recovery Procedure
Step 1: Download Firmware file from UBNT Support page
- From UBNT Support Page select specified Firmware for device (Nanostaion2, Bullet5, Powerstation5,... ) to upgrade.
- Download Firmware file and save on your PC.
Note: before to dowload, take a look to AirOS Firmware Revision History
Step 2: Upload Firmware package
- Login your AirOS device via WEB browser, go to "SYSTEM" Tab.
- In "FIRMWARE" Section, click "Upgrade...", will open a window popup (make sure your browser have popup enabled).
- In "FIRMWARE UPLOAD" Window, click "Browse..." to navigate and select the new firmware file. From "Firmware File" select file just downloaded (e.g. XS2.ar2316.v220.127.116.1127.090128.1828.bin)
- Click "Upload" and wait to complete transfer process.
Note: If you wants to cancel upload proces, click "Close this window" button.
- Check if new Firmware are correctly transfered, press "Upgrade" and wait to complete upgrade process. The firmware upgrade routine can take 3-7 minutes.
Note: AirOS based device will be unaccessible until the firmware upgrade routine is completed.
Note: After upgrade process is activated, "Close this window" button closes the firmware upgrade window but will not cancel the firmware upgrade process!